Published on November 28th, 2009 | by James Simpson85
Ford Focus MK2 (2005-2008) Stereo Removal – ST
In this guide, I will explain how to remove the standard stereo from a Ford Focus MK2 – This also includes the Ford Focus ST MK2. Please note this guide is different from the facelift MK2.5 focus. The stereo below is the base stereo, but there are different options available (Sony and Satellite Navigation upgrades). Fitting / removal for listed stereos all have the same procedures, and all connectors across the range are exactly the same (Quadlock). This type of stereo is fitted to all Focus’s built from 2008 till present.
Standard Stereo & Car
- PC5-132 Stereo Removal Tools (http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk)
- Flat Head + Philips Head Screw Drivers (Halfords)
*Note above are general tools you should have when doing this type of job, but you may not need them, see tutorial for exact tools needed.
- The standard stereo will need a code when connecting back up
- If you are changing to a new stereo, you will require a PC2-84-4 (not required if keeping stalk controls)
- If you would like to keep steering wheel controls, you will require a PC99-x50 (plus PC99 Patch Lead)
- If you are fitting a Hands Free Kit (Parrot/Motorola) you will require a SOT-092