This is a how to guide on removing the standard Suzuki Grand Vitara MK1 stereo in a 2003 Suzuki Grand Vitara. You may be doing this to fit a hands free kit or the likes. Your stereo should look like the stereo below:
- Bojo Tools (http://www.bojotoolseurope.com/)
- Flat Head + Philips Head Screw Drivers (Halfords)
- Mini Socket Set (Halfords)
Torx / Star Allen Keys (Halfords)
*Note above are general tools you should have when doing this type of job, but you may not need them, see tutorial for exact tools needed
- If you are changing to a new stereo, you will require a PC2-68-4
- If you are fitting a Hands Free Kit (Parrot/Motorola) you will require a SOT-071
- Single DIN sreteo adapters are available to fit in the hole
- Double DIN Stereos can fit with some butchering of the standard fascia trim (do not recommend).
1. With your Philips, look under the fascia (below the heater controls) and you’ll see two screws.