In this guide, I will explain how to remove the standard stereo from a BMW 1 Series (2004-2012). The pictures featured in this guide are used as a base guide, where your trim may differ slightly, but the removal of panels and trims will be same throughout the model range.
Standard Stereo & Car
- Bojo Tools (http://bojotoolseurope.net)
- Flat Head + Philips Head Screw Drivers (Halfords)
- Mini Socket Set (Halfords)
Torx / Star Allen Keys (Halfords)
*Note above are general tools you should have when doing this type of job, but you may not need them, see tutorial for exact tools needed
- You will NOT need a code for the stereo when connecting back up.
- If you are changing to a new stereo, you will require a PC-65-4
- If you are fitting a Hands Free Kit (Parrot/Motorola) you will require a SOT-091 (or SOT-930 if premium amplified audio fitted)