Published on August 12th, 2011 | by James Simpson0
Audi TT 8J (2006-) Stereo Removal
In this guide, I will explain how to remove the standard stereo from a Audi TT 8J (2006-Present). Removing the stereo is fairly straight forward, the hardest part is finding exactly which lead you will require, as there are a number of different systems, from full standard, to half amplified, and full amplified systems. The easiest way to figure out what system you have is by removing the stereo, and seeing how many speaker wires (if any) you have coming out of the back of the stereo.
Standard Stereo & Car
- 4x PC5-132 Release tools ARE required
- You will NOT need a code for the stereo when connecting back up.
- If you are changing to a new stereo, you will require a fascia.
- If you are fitting a Hands Free Kit (Parrot/Motorola) you will require either an SOT-1003HB (if Half Amplified) or SOT-1003FB (if fully amplified)
- You will need to find an ignition source, this can be found at the cigar lighter.